Myrna-chan's Shrine to Fushigi Yuugi
Hmmm. First off, it looks like this site is leaning much more towards
complete than "under construction." And even if it only had some stolen
pictures and ideas, I'd still hate the "Under Construction" notices. Let the
viewer of the page decide for themselves how much of the page
is done. A good page designer doesn't need to dictate to the person browsing.
Now, that out of the way, let's look at the
- Quick loading. That's good.
- The background of Nuriko is nice. It doesn't clash
with any pictures or text.
- The "Quizlet" is interesting, but I'd like to see
it moved onto a page of it's own. That way people have the option of looking
at the results, or taking the poll.
- The Chichiri impression is a nice difference. But as Myrna, states, it
- The Guestbook images of Tasuki are nice ... but they're a little
glaring to the eyes against the white background.
- "Oranges Are Purple! =D " - what does this have to do with Fushigi Yuugi?
And what does it even mean?
- The link to The Temple of
Now for the
You Know You Watch Too Much FY When ... page.
- The background. >_< A love the picture, but as a background it just
doesn't work. It clashes with the red text at the beginning of the page, making that
note hard to read. It distracts the eyes from the list.
- The list is funny, and original. For a device that is so overused
they invented it when man was still Neanderthal. Still, it's nice to see
something beyond the usual character descriptions, and pictures.
- But as a suggestion, break it up more.
Lose the backround.
- Also, being their God, I must object to the Seiryuu bashing.
Now for the
Bishounen List page.
- Real thumbnails *.*
- Ranked the FY male characters from 1-10
- Broken picture of Nakago
- Some of the thumbnails are very small, and hard to see.
Now for the Tamahome
and Miaka Image
- Text links to pictures. No thumbnails.
- The "picture" titled "'Nother one of these" is
simple a link back to Myrna's main page.
- I wonder where she found all those pictures ... Did Myrna scan and
screencap them herself ... Or are they "borrowed"? Maybe one of the
Gods can give me a definitive answer to that.
The Fanfiction Page.
- ARG. My eyes! Change the background! Change the background! I'm less
tempted to read fics if I can't read the titles, or the blurbs about them. Yes, the
background completely clashes with the red text.
- The links to Bishounen no Miko's fanfics are broken. Her site has moved to
- Once again, the background clashes with the text and images of the
- This page takes forever to load. I may be a God, but I'm an
impatient God. Suggestion: break each individual character profile onto
their own page.
- Credits to Ask the Suzaku Seishi, and Nuriko no Miko.
- Original information and thought on the characters.
- Next to Hotohori's picture, "Tasuki No Miko clowned around on this seishi.. ()-_- "
appears. What does this mean, and what does it have to do with
- No character profiles of characters beyond the Suzaku shichisei.
The Links Page.
- Wow. I can actually read this page.
- Blurbs about each page she links to.
The Series Summary.
- What summary? I can't read the page!
- This isn't really a summary ... It's an introduction to the basic plotline of Fushigi Yuugi.
- The "Ironic Things I Noticed List" was nice. Original, even if the spoilers
included weren't marked as such.
- Shouldn't the "Can You Tell Me A Little Bit About The Characters" go on the profiles page?
The Link Me page.
- It'd be nice if I could read this ...
The About Me page.
- Wow. I can sort of read this page!
- You mean someone still likes the Spice Girls? Damn. I was going to
snack on them for lunch.
- Can't read the page ...
- Manga scans from volume 1.
- Akugi images
- Edited images
- As much as I like the edited images ... Suggestion: Put the actual file size of the picture on
the link. I want to know before I try and view a 200K image.
The Other Stuff page.
- Eeer. Once again, bad background choice.
- Slow loading.
- The "no stealing" disclaimer.
The Tamahome Shrine.
- Hey! I can read this page!
- I may be able to read it, but I don't like the combination of the background and text
color. It's readable, but hard on the eyes. Maybe I should get glasses ...
- It's "Sukunami Taka" not "Taka Sukumachi"
- Much of the information is exactly the same as the info on the profiles page.
- The Ten Reasons Why You Should Love Tamahome
- "Images (Thumbnails)" - what thumbnails?
- Bit of background on Tamahome's past, and why he likes money.
The Chichiri Shrine
- Hey! It's readable! And it doesn't hurt my eyes to look at the page!
- Info copied from the profile page
- Ten reasons to love Chichiri
- Chichiri spoilers
The Tasuki Shrine
- My eyes don't hurt looking at this page!
- Info copied from the profile page
- 10 Reasons to Love Tasuki
- Pictures credited to Amy-chan
- Link to the Kouji Shrine
The Kouji Shrine
- No information
- No pictures
- "SUZAKUDAMN THAT IMAGE GALLERY ;.;" - what?
The Nuriko Shrine
The Temple of Nuriko Worship
- The image map ... >_< It takes a long time to load, the text
on the pictures is nearly unreadable, and the map itself clashes with the background
of the page.
The Why Nuriko? page
- List of reasons why you should like Nuriko
- Link to the You Know You Like Nuriko A Bit Too Much page
The Nuriko Worship Logos page
- Extremely slow loading
The Nuriko Worshippers page
- Wow. I hadn't realized that Nuriko was so unpopular.
- Another readable page!
The Can I Join? page
- Quick loading
- Simple, and to the point
- The background image doesn't clash with the text!
The Images of his Bishounenness page
- These are the same images you can see on
Nuriko Shrine that I mentioned before
The Nuriko Stuff for Your Website
- Ten backgrounds
- Clear policy to credit the makers of the backgrounds
The Nuriko Fanfiction page
- What Nuriko Fanfiction page?
The Nuriko Links page
- Uses this page to credit the ideas for the Nuriko Worshippers page
- Quick loading
- Easy to read
This page has potention. There are quite a few design problems, and some pages that
are offensive which should be taken down, but overall it's not a bad page. Just rather average.
An average page so
far, but with some improvement, could be good.